THE RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF VALUE. (Article from Calvin’s Blog www.johorinvestment.com)
In Year 1949 Warren Buffet bought “THE INTELLIGENT INVESTOR” By Benjamin Graham. He called it the best investment he made in life. It was this relentless pursuit of Value Investment that made his Berkshire Hathaway so successful and those who invested in his shares became millionaires.
I Think There Are 8 Things About Value:-
1) Value Is Mispriced By The Market.
Benjamin Graham seeks for Shares With High NTA. NTA stands for High Net Tangible Asset as a Margin of Safety. Usually these Securities are In Some Form of Trouble with negative connotation. Or they are dull and uninteresting – so rejected by the Market.
I remember Mr. Liew of Helang Camar Used Car telling me how he searched for mispriced Auction of Repossessed Cars. He found a Proton Saga 1.5 labeled as 1.3 when it was displayed for Auction. How did he detected the difference? In the Displayed Notice The Proton was stated with 1.3c.c. engine. But when he checked with the RoadTax Disc he clearly saw that it has a 1.5c.c engine. And there is a price difference of RM3,000 between a 1.3 & a 1.5 liter Proton in those days. So he bid a higher price for a 1.3 Proton but got a Value Buy.
2) Value Is Misplaced.
One of my favourite past time is to look for good durians when they are in seasons. There are many classifications for Durians like D24, D12, D10, Hoong Har, Mai Sang Wong or just ordinary kampung ones.
Sometimes during collection and sorting and distribution one or two higher grade durians are misplaced into the lower end kampung pile. With training you can pick out these Value buys because they have been misplaced.
3) Value Is Overlooked.
In Year 1977 to 1980 Early Mitsubishi Sigma 1.6 was manufactured. For 4 years they did some cosmetic upgrades. But in Year 1980 End to 1983 Mitsubishi came out with a Completely New Model called Mitsubishi Galant 1.6GLS. One Day I went to submit a tender for a 1980 Mitsubishi Car advertised by a Finance Company. The Officer In Charge told me to view the Mitsubishi Sigma Car and submit a tender.
To my glad delight it was actually a MITSUBISHI GALANT 1.6GLS. So I submited a quotation. And as I was the sole tenderer I got it! You see, the Bank Officer did not bother to go to the Store Yard to check out the Model – Old or New. So Value is Overlooked.
4) Value Is Created
Singapore has overtaken London, New York & Tokyo to be the most expensive nation for expats. And by Year 2030 Singapore is purported to have the highest concentration of millionares in the world in relation to its population. Why?
Because Singapore Is A Nation of VALUE CREATION. 30 Years ago, a shop house in Holland Village rent for $1,500. Today a similar shop goes for S$30,000 or more a month. And the Spore Govt has Created An Underground MRT Station with 2 Well Positioned Entrances Right Beside the Entrance Walk Way of Holland Village. Amazing!
These Value Creations Are Found Every Where In Singapore:-
Transfomation of Pulau Belakang Mati to SENTOSA ISLAND
Shifting Payar Lebar Airport to Changi – Freeing Up Land For Sky High Developments
Shifting Keppel Harbour To Tuas West – Freeing Land For Water Front Master Pieces.
Crafting Changing Airport Into An Urban OASIS For Rest & Relaxation.
1St IN WORLD NIGHT SAFARI & RIVER SAFARI.
CREATION FIRST UNDERSEA MICE TUNNEL IN SOUTH EAST ASIA. FREEING UP LARGE SWATE OF PRIME, PRIME LAND FOR COMMERCIAL ENCLAVE.
And The List Goes On And On!
These Value Creation Upon Value Creation Has Made Singapore A Magnet For Millionares & Billionaires.
5) Value Is Enhanced.
Someone says,”A Bar of Iron costs $5.00; made into horse shoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is increased to $3500, made into balance springs for watches its worth is multiplied into $300,000!”
When Value Is Enhanced The GDP of A Nation Also Increases. The Swiss Army Knife is an example of the finest creation of the steel blade. Quality at its finest. So Swiss has One of The Highest Growth Story on Earth. Singapore is aiming to have the Swiss Standard of Living Some Day. I think Singapore is now near to Swiss’ Standard.
6) Wealth Is The Exchange of Value.
If you want to have wealth you must first create Value for Others. For wealth is the Exchange of Value. Seek to Give Value to The Whole World. And the World’s Wealth will be given back to you. How?
Bill Gates once said, “I want to put a personal computer in every home.” And he did just that. The entire world has Received Value. In exchange the World in turn made Bill Gates the Richest Man in The Whole World!
Jesus says, “GIVE, AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU…”
Think of IKEA. IKEA has Given the Very Best To The World In Furniture:
IKEA Has Gone Into The Remotest Part of The World To Get The Best Price For Its Products. It Mass Produce Designer Furniture At The Lowest Possible Cost. And IKEA passed on the Savings To Millions.
To Facilitate Exchange IKEA’s Furniture Is Designed To Be Extremely User Friendly, You can pack the furniture into a box to fit any car. This saves cost of transportation & precious time. IKEA Also employ a group of designer to keep up with the latest in trend.
So Much Value Is Created By IKEA that the World has rewarded Igvar Kamprad, IKEA’a founder, Great Wealth and made him among top 10 Billionaires in the world.
So SEEK TO CREATE AND GIVE VALUE TO THE ENTIRE WORLD.
7) THE HIGHEST VALUE IN LIFE IS WISDOM.
Enoch Tan of Reality Creation Secrets says, “ Give time for learning, give life for love, give thanks for happiness and give gold for WISDOM.”
The highest Value on earth or heaven is not gold but WISDOM. If we have Gold without Wisdom we might lose the gold. But if we have Wisdom without gold, Wisdom will guide and lead us to find the gold.
Enoch Tan has a purpose in life. To create The Highest Value For As Many People On Earth As Possible. He started out in GIVING FREE VALUE To All In Initial Years Before He Charge a Fee For Access To His Valuable Website called “www.mindreality.com”‘
The Contents of the Mindreality Website is worth its value in gold – many times over!
8) The Most Successful Investors Are VALUE INVESTORS.
Benjamin Graham Is The Investment Guru of Warren Buffet. He advocates the INTRINSIC VALUE APPROACH TO PURCHASE OF SECURITIES.
A LIFE LONG PURSUIT OF DEEP VALUE SHARES OVERLOOKED BY THE MARKET WILL GIVE THE VERY BEST RESULTS. Warren Buffet is the embodiment of the Graham Net Net Value Investment Approach.
Some years ago Ms Teh Hooi Ling, CFA, did an experiment with the Singapore Stock Market. She selected 3 Groups of Shares From The Singapore SGX for a One Year Test.
1) The First Group Consists of Shares That Pay The Highest Dividends.
2) The Second Group Are Shares That Have The Lowest P/E
3) The Third Group Consists of Shares With The Highest NTA In Relation to Its Share Price.
Of the Three The Ones With The Highest Net Net Value Came Out The OVER ALL WINNER! This proves that the Timeless Wisdom of Benjamin Graham is Still True in Modern Day Singapore and anywhere on earth!
All Hail To “The Relentless Pursuit of Value”!
STORY OF BJ CORP Still Under Construction
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- THESE FIVE STOCKS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ECRL SOUTH: Mui Prop, AsiaPac, MKH, L&G & Olympia, Calvin Tan Research April 17, 2019
- MKH (6114) METRO KAJANG WILL BENEFIT FROM ECRL REROUTE TO BANGI/KAJANG, Calvin Tan Research April 15, 2019
- IMAGO MALL OF ASIAPAC (4057) ECRL SIGNING WILL BRING BACK CHINA TOURISTS, Calvin Tan April 15, 2019
- ASIAPAC (4057) THREE CHUN CHUN BULL TARGETS FOR A 200% UPSIDE (ECRL, VMY 2020 & HSR April 11, 2019
- JTIASA (Fong Siling – Cold Eye & Pheim Fund Tan Chong Koay) Versus TDM (Dr. Neoh Soon Kean of Dynaquest) Calvin Tan Research April 5, 2019
- MAJU PERAK (8141) MAJULAH PERAK BY GEELY – PROTON PARTNERSHIP IN EXPANSION & GROWTH, Calvin Tan April 5, 2019
- TDM (2054) VERSUS MAJU PERAK (8141) POTENTIAL TO RISE 100% to 200% BY ECRL BOOSTER, Calvin Tan Research April 3, 2019
- ECRL (East Coastal Rail Link) Top Beneficiaries AZRB, T7 Global, Prestar, Masteel, Lafarge & TalamT, Calvin Tan Research March 20, 2019
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015