THE ART OF INVESTING BETWEEN A WORLD IN DEFLATION AND A SHRINKING MALAYSIAN ECONOMY.
Since the End of QE3 & The Start of Interest Rate Hike by the US FED Liquidity has flowed back to the US from Emerging Markets. A Strong US Dollar has helped exporting Companies from Malaysia. So far so good. Most furniture, electronic, rubber gloves, plastic & furniture companies have done very well. In fact, many have already run far ahead of fundamentals. Chasing them now is detrimental to your financial well being as all the future profits have already been priced in. So buying them at such lofty prices will only give you mediocre growth at best and at worst you might even suffer a loss when the tide goes against you.
And in the Malaysian context the macro picture is contracting more and more by the day.
GST has sucked Rm51 Billions from the Rakyat to save the Malaysian Economy as Petronas Oil Revenue has fallen down due to Crude Oil price crashed from US$120 to US$60.
Another Rm9 Billions will be withdrawn from circulation as Govt recalculated budget when Crude Oil crashed further from US$60 to US$30. This round the Rakyat can no longer bear the burden of further increase in GST (Consumption tax)
Petronas itself has shrunk capex by another Rm50 Billions. All Off Shore Oil & Gas Companies will suffer contraction & indirectly leading to stagnant wages or even job loss. This is another drain on the Economy.
And further levy of Rm2.5 Billions on construction and plantation workers will impact all Builders & Planters
And on the heel of Worker’s Levy is the Tax of Telcos – another Rm4.5 Billions be Drained Off. At the adverse news all Telcos like Maxis, Digi, Celcom & Others Fell in Unison. Over Rm12 Billions Were Wiped off in Bursa in a single day as their prices instantly crashed.
Here you are. These are the figures
Rm51 Billions (GST)
Rm9 Billions (Budget Revision)
Rm50 Billions (Petronas Capex Reduction)
Rm2.5 Billions (Workers Levy)
Rm4.5 Billions (Tax on Telcos.)
Total: A Whopping Rm117 Billions Siphoned off from circulation.
Since the Macro Picture is showing a dwindling pool of liquidity All Companies in Malaysia depending on domestic sales will be impacted one way or another. The months ahead will be stressful for all Companies. The inevitable result will show up in falling prices among most if not all of KLSE Stocks. The few bright spots are export stocks , tourism, defensive utilities, basic food and construction companies depending on Govt Largesse.
And with weakening ringgit imported goods will eat into purchasing power.
This is a very challenging time indeed. So Calvin caution all to go defensive. Buy only the most defensive laggard stocks which can withstand a financial crisis. If you are not sure. The idea of keeping it safe in Bank FD at 5% interest rate would be a lesser evil than dabbling in stocks which you are unsure of.
In View of the Ongoing Recessionary Wave I have selected TMakmur as a resilient defensive play.
TMakmur is into Cash Crop like Oil Palm Plantations which should benefit from El Nino. Both in 1997/8 Asian Financial Crisis & again in 2007/8 Lehman Brothers’ Debacle It was Palm Oil that saved the day!
And according to NASA and the US Weather Bureau this Year’s El Nino is forecasted to be one of the worst on record. So TMakmur should make more profit from higher CPO prices. Another good asset is bauxide mining. As Company is highly responsible the mining of bauxide is done in a very proper method. The lands of Kota Sass remain in good condition after bauxide extraction.
All the houses built from year 2012, 2013, 2014 & most of 2015 have all been “SOLD OUT”. This is a testimony to the quality of Tmakmur’s management and integrity.
Not only that. According to quarterly report Company even rear live stocks on its plantations for sale. This shows that Directors are not neglecting their jobs by playing golf or just wasting precious resources. So we think these little details assure us that our Investments in TMakmur is in good and responsible hands.
Above all we like the twice yearly dividend of 6 cents which equal to 8.5%. This is the 2nd Highest Dividend Paying Stock in all of Bursa after Tasek Cement at 9.6% dividend. TMakmur’s 8.5% dividend beats Star Publication dividend of 8% into 3rd place.
As to director selling we are not too concerned. One Lady Director linked to the palace have been buying and buying TMakmur shares up to Rm1.38 according to Bursa Filing.
After the illegal miners have been put away TMakmur will accelerate exports of even more bauxide through proper means.
At Rm1.37 TMakmur current closing price we are getting it below insider buying price. Getting a dividend of 8.5% – far better than Bank FD. And With El Nino helping us we expect TMakmur to perform well.
TMAKMUR – LAND OF PROSPERITY
Calvin wishes all our Chinese Investors “KONG XI FATT CHAI”
- When Palm OIl was At Its Peak of Rm4,000 It created Many Billionaires now Palm oil is above Rm6,000 per ton will we see more Billionaires? Calvin Tan April 8, 2022
- PALM OIL JEWEL: TSH RESOURCES(KLSE: 9059) WITH EARNINGS VISIBILITY & GREAT CERTAINTY WE CAN CLEARLY SEE AHEAD, Calvin Tan March 14, 2022
- PALM OIL STOCKS: THE SUPERSTARS OF YEAR 2022 (Forget all others. Just pile into Palm oil Full Force) January 8, 2022
- HANDAL MESSIAH: HE SHALL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER December 25, 2021
- THPLANT – A candidate for privatization? November 29, 2021
- A COMING SUPERBULL RUN TIME FOR PALM OIL IS INEVITABLE AS CPO AT WORLD RECORD OVER RM5,000 A TON October 30, 2021
- TAANN (5012) 10 YEARS PRICES (LOWEST & HIGHEST PRICES) EPS & DIVIDENDS FROM 2005 to 2015, From STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE Calvin Tan September 10, 2021
- SARAWAK OIL PALM (5126) Why is it in Calvin Tan Research’s Investment Radar? Top 5 Factors You Should Know About SOP Great Potential September 9, 2021
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- April 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015