Tan Sri Dr. Khoo Khay Peng’s Settlements With ex-wife Pauline Liew (possible outcome)
- Dear Friends & Fellow Investors,
UK Court awarded 64 milllion British pound as divorce settlements for Pauline. This could be in Part Assets and Part shares.
KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysian tycoon Khoo Kay Peng, who owns the Laura Ashley brand, has been ordered by a British court to pay £64 million (S$112 million) to his former wife as settlement for their divorce in a long-running row.
Judge David Bodey said in his ruling on Friday (April 7) that Chai should receive the divorce settlement in the form of both cash and property, the Guardian reported. The judge’s detailed judgment on how the matrimonial assets would be split is expected to be released soon, said the report.
£64 million equals to Rm354,560,000 or Rm354.56 Millions or round up figure of Rm355 millions
Currently, Pauline is staying in the Rossway Estate in Hertfordshire, England. It has a huge land size of 1,000 Acres. As to its value we need to get a Valuer from England.
While we are unsure of the exact value of Rossway 1,000 Acres Homestead we can definitely calculate the share holdings of Tan Sri KKP.
From Bursa filing Tan Sri KKP owns a total of
|Date of Notice||02-Jun-2017|
47.58% of Mui Bhd Shares or 1,395,355,289 shares.
What is the total current cost? Mui Bhd last closing price is 18 sen
So 1,395,355 x 180 = Rm251,163,900
Only Rm251.16 Millions?
That’s far short of the Rm355 millions awarded to Pauline
Now what is the total paid up shares of Mui Bhd?
2.932 Billion Shares?
Ha! Don’t be put off.
Actually a small sum if you add it all up. Haha!
At 18 sen closing price the total paid up value of Mui Bhd is
2,932,561 x Rm180 = Rm527,860,980
Yes the Market Values Mui Bhd at only Rm527.8 Millions only.
Is all the Assets minus all the liabilities of Mui Bhd equals only Rm527.8 Millions?
A VERY VERY BIG NO! According to Calvin Tan Research’s findings
Mui Bhd has 10 Hotels in the UK, 2 CORUS Hotels in Malaysia, A 6 acre land in Tasmania. Warehouses in Johor, Kl, Penang & Honk Kong. Apartments in Singapore, KL & USA
Over 1,000 acres Prime Lands in Bandar Springfield. 2 Prime Plots of Main Road Frontage Lands in Jalan Ampang Embassy Row.
Shares of over 400 Laura Ashley world wide
It has quoted & unquoted shares of Companies like PM Holdings, Mui Property, Pm Corp & Pm Capital
Metrojaya, East India, Somerset & Reject Shops.
THIS IS A VERY VAST EMPIRE
AL THESE ASSETS ARE SITTING ON OLD ANCIENT BOOK VALUE. IF REVALUED THEY SHOULD BE UP FROM 400% to 600% easily.
Take CORUS HOTEL AMPANG PARK For Example. It has book value of Rm56 millions. If revalued it should be around Rm400 millions. That’s 7.14 Times its Book Value. And at Rm400 Millions this One CORUS Hotel alone has more than covered Divorce settlement debt of Rm355 Millions
Of course Tan Sri KKP owns only 47.58% Mui Bhd shares. So Tan Sri’s share is only Rm190 Millions. Not enough to pay Pauline.
So we will look at another piece of Assets
CORUS HOTEL LONDON HYDE PARK
1 lot of freehold land with a 389-room hotel known
as Corus hotel Hyde Park at Lancaster Gate, London
W2 3LG (Date of acquisition: February 2001)
This one has a book value of Rm264,261,000 or Rm264.26 Millions Book Value
And what is the current Market Value of this Hotel very near to the Queen of England’s Palace?
Malaysians to sell £200m Hyde Park hotel
1 July 2014 | By Felicia Sharpe
The Malaysian owners of the Corus Hotel Hyde Park have put their freehold interest in the property up for sale for £200m.
Malayan United Industries have tasked Debutesq Group to sell the hotel, which it bought in 1997 for £44m.
The 200-year old listed Georgian building could be extended from its current 135,000 sq ft floorplate, the sales particulars said.
Alex Hayward of Debutesq Group, said: “Although the hotel has seen substantial investment over the past two or three years and is enjoying strong occupancy levels, a great deal could be done to improve revenue performance and investment return.”
Investor sentiment in London Hotels is at its highest since the beginning of the global crisis and the overall occupancy rates increasing each month due to the strong and growing demand for London hotels.
The developing interest from wealthy Chinese investors and sovereign wealth funds in the Middle East has led to a substantial increase in the value of hotels throughout London and other prime European cities
Ha! Now we know the Market Price of Corus Hotel Hyde Park is 200 million british pound
How much in ringgit?
So 200,000,000 x 5.54 = Rm1,108,000,000
THAT’S A WHOPPER – RM1.108 BILLIONS
And Tan Sri KKP Shares?
1,108,000,000 x .47.58 = Rm527.186 MILLIONS
That.s more than enough to pay Pauline’s Rm355 Millions debt and with lots more to spare!
Now this is possible if Mui Bhd sells of CORUS HOTEL LONDON. Do a Capital Exercise by Capital Consolidation & then A Cash Pay Out like Pm Corp did last time when Pm Corp paid a Cash return of 8 Sen.
Now if this Capital Exercise succeeds then what is the Windfall for the other 52.42% shareholders (are you one?)?
Paid up shares total
Sale of Corus Hotel London is Rm1.108 Billions
So divides 1,108,000,000 by 2,932, 561 = Rm377.82
Each one who bought Mui Bhd at 18 Sen (1,000 shares at Rm180) gets a Cash Windfall of Rm377.82
Now we get back our Capital of Rm180
PLUS FREE Rm197.82 CASH
PLUS FREE MUI BHD SHARES FOR FOREVER.
This was exactly what happened when Calvin bought Pm Corp at the low of 7.5 Sen
Cash Pay out was 8 Sen
So Calvin got back
Original Capital of 7.5 Sen
FREE 1/2 Sen Cash
FREE PM CORP SHARES FOREVER.
Too good to be true?
Warmest & Best Regards to All,
Note the objections:
- What about the high debt of Mui Bhd?
Answer: Just sell a few more lands or Hotels & all debts easily cleared. Selling 2 More CORUS HOTEL (KL & MELAKA) & 2 Plots of Ampang Lands if sold will settle all outstanding debts.
2) What if Tan Sri KKP refuse to settle?
That will be another answer(s)
It;s late now. Calvin will let you guys think about it.
The Court that awarded the settlement is from UK. UK jurisdiction can force justice against Tan Sri KKP in Malaysia?
And Tan Sri KKP should know Christian Stewardship. Monies we have are only entrusted to us as stewards. We don’t own anything. Naked we enter this world and we will certainly leave everything behind on earth when we die. Our souls will leave this world and we shall meet our Creator.
After all – all monies that go to Pauline will also pass on to her children (also same children of Tan Sri KKP).
So may good reason prevail.
Think on these things.
Good night everybody.
HYDE PARK CORUS HOTEL, LONDON WITH ABOUT 400 ROOMS. This Hotel is near Kensington Palace
Equivalent to a Hotel located near Pavilion in Bkt Bintang but priced in British pound.
And coming up next:
THE STORY OF BJ CORP FOR YEAR 2006 – 2007.
- TAANN (5012) 10 YEARS PRICES (LOWEST & HIGHEST PRICES) EPS & DIVIDENDS FROM 2005 to 2015, From STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE Calvin Tan September 10, 2021
- SARAWAK OIL PALM (5126) Why is it in Calvin Tan Research’s Investment Radar? Top 5 Factors You Should Know About SOP Great Potential September 9, 2021
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- THESE FIVE STOCKS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ECRL SOUTH: Mui Prop, AsiaPac, MKH, L&G & Olympia, Calvin Tan Research April 17, 2019
- MKH (6114) METRO KAJANG WILL BENEFIT FROM ECRL REROUTE TO BANGI/KAJANG, Calvin Tan Research April 15, 2019
- IMAGO MALL OF ASIAPAC (4057) ECRL SIGNING WILL BRING BACK CHINA TOURISTS, Calvin Tan April 15, 2019
- ASIAPAC (4057) THREE CHUN CHUN BULL TARGETS FOR A 200% UPSIDE (ECRL, VMY 2020 & HSR April 11, 2019
- September 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015