PALM OIL – The Investment That Separates Billionaires from Millionaires!
The year was 1996. The Asian Stock Markets Were in the Hottest Euphoria. Amost every one was enjoying increasing profits. Many have resigned from their jobs to do full time trading in the stock market. Stock market tips and conversations were the order of the day. Everywhere in offices, homes, coffee shops, markets, eating places people talked only about the next “Limit Up” stocks.
In every trading Hall or Room there is no available seats. In RHB Bank HQ there isn’t even standing room. Cramped, jammed and packed with traders and specualtors from all walks of life. It Was The GoGo Years Before The Asian Financial Crisis!
One man stood out. Peter Lim of Singapore. He sold all his shares near the very peak and bought into just one counter – WILMAR the Plantation Stock.
On hindsight it was an uncanny but very accurate move. Next year in July 2nd 1997 George Soros attacked the Thai bath. The Thai bath collapsed and then contagion spread to Malaysia, Singapore, Hk, Korea, Indonesia – One by One Their Stock Markets Collapsed like tent pins.
At the height KLSE was 1332 and at the bottom it was only 262 points – A Crash of 81%
Nobody fully invested could have escaped such a carnage. It was a disaster for many. Tens of thousands went bankrupt. Many Banks & Financial Institutions were insolvent. Before the Asian Financial Crisis there were 49 Banks and Credit Companies in Malaysia. With the devastating carnage less than 10 Banks now standing. The rest became history.
Tycoon Peter Lim invested $10 millions into Wilmar – the plantation stock owned by Robert Kuok.
How come Peter was so “chun chun”? All $10 millions into one single stock. And he was right on target. Four years later in 2,000 Peter Lim “THE REMISIER KING” of Singapore sold his Wilmar shares for a cool $1.5 Billions!
So plantation stock investment if timed well can make you a billionaire!
As for Robert Kuok he became the Richest Man No. One in All of Malaysia with over Rm40 Billions.
Ha! Are we now entering another phase of market doom? Maybe yes or maybe no.
But This Is For Sure:
A POWERFUL EL NINO IS NOW ONGOING
Let’s SEE if Plantation Stocks will create more millionaires and billionaires this round.
The above article was first published in i3 investors forum on January 2016
This coming week KLSE will annouce spectacular results for all oil palm stocks:
These are the Top 10 Palm Oil stocks to buy:
- KWANTAS. High NTA. Good EPS.
- CIBP – Fully Auto Modipalm
- TDM. Defensive with both Oil Palms & hospitals
- RSawit. Pure Oil Palm player.
- Harnlern. Assets of High Value in Johor & Oil Palms
- MHC Plant. Assets of high value in Perak & Oil Palms
- ThPlant. Pure Oil Palm play
- BPlant. Very good dividend.
- Dutaland. High NTA. Almost debt free
- Sarawak Plantation. Selling at multiyear low.
A rising tide lifts all boats so all plantation stocks will rise in tandem. Just buy while cheap.
- PALM OIL STOCKS: THE SUPERSTARS OF YEAR 2022 (Forget all others. Just pile into Palm oil Full Force) January 8, 2022
- HANDAL MESSIAH: HE SHALL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER December 25, 2021
- THPLANT – A candidate for privatization? November 29, 2021
- A COMING SUPERBULL RUN TIME FOR PALM OIL IS INEVITABLE AS CPO AT WORLD RECORD OVER RM5,000 A TON October 30, 2021
- TAANN (5012) 10 YEARS PRICES (LOWEST & HIGHEST PRICES) EPS & DIVIDENDS FROM 2005 to 2015, From STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE Calvin Tan September 10, 2021
- SARAWAK OIL PALM (5126) Why is it in Calvin Tan Research’s Investment Radar? Top 5 Factors You Should Know About SOP Great Potential September 9, 2021
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015