L&G (Stock quote 3174) LAND & GENERAL or LAND & GOLD (Top Reasons for buying (Calvin Tan)
Dear Friends, Fellow Investors who visit here,
My next stock pick is LAND & GENERAL or LAND & GOLD.
These are the Top Reasons why Calvin Tan Research has turned bullish on L&G
- At 21.5 sen with NTA of 58 sen L&G is selling at 63% Discount to NTA. This gives us a Big Margin of Safety
2. High Dividend of 9%
At 2 sen dividend yearly for the last 5 years L&G gives the 2nd highest dividend yield after Tasek Cement. So it beats Classic Scenic, Apollo Food, Alaqar Reit (beating all other reits) and all other dividend paying shares of KLSE. Since L&G is in Net Cash Surplus it is able to continue its dividend payout.
3. A GROWING ENTERPRISE
Its recent Rights Issue to raise Capital was to purchase 4 Prime Assets. This is also done by Mah Sing, Scientex & SP Setia. Growth by expansion.
4. HIGHLY UNDERVALUE ASSETS
A look at the Book Value of L&G Land banks showed that L&G owns about 2,500 acres of Prime Freehold lands in Kerling. The book value is only 44 sen psf.
Current Bank Value for lands in Kerling & Kuala Kubu Baru is Rm3.00 psf. So if revalued L&G lands in Kerling should go up by 500%. And among its 4 Assets recently acquired is the 160 acres of freehold lands in Serendah. This is a timely acquisition as GEELY is going to invest BIG TIME into Proton City of Tg Malim
5) L&G Land Banks in Kerling & Serendah will go up in Value when 60,000 Proton Staff relocate to Tg Malim. Just like the towns of Rengit & Desaru jumped in value by 300% to 500% due to Petronas RAPID that caused an influx of 70,000 workers into this booming region. So the expansion of Proton City due to GEELY Jv with Proton in Tg Malim will create multi year boom for all Real Estates here.
From L&G 2016 Annual Report:
Scroll down to Properties owned by L&G
2 Ladang Kerling Mukim Kerling District of Ulu Selangor
Rubber and oil palm estate. Freehold.
1,009.71 hectares. Book Value Rm48,146,000
So LG has 1,009.71 hectares of Freehold Lands in Kerling (15 minutes from Proton City of Tg Malim)
To convert hectares to acres
1,009.71 x 2.471 = 2,494.99 acres. That’s almost 2,500 acres.
How many sq ft
So 2,494.99 x 43,560 = 108,681,764.4 sq ft
Its total book value is Rm48,146,000
And how much per sq ft?
So Rm48,146,000 divides by 108,681,764.4
= 44.29 sen per sq ft.
The current land prices according to lands in Perling & Kuala Kubu Baru starts from Rm3.00 to Rm10.00 psf. Bank valuation is about Rm3.00
So if L&G wants to it can follow HapSeng, Eg, Seacera or Fiamma’s examples & just revalue its lands and assets & book them as profit.
So from 44.30 sen to Rm3.00 psf L&G will see a jump of 677%! WHOPPEE!
And Rm3.00 psf at 43,560 sq ft (per acre) would mean that each acre is worth Rm130.680K
For 2,494.99 acres?
So 2,494.99 x Rm130,680
= Rm326 Millions
Ha! If L&G wanted to it could just sell off these lands for its recent Asset Acquisitions in stead of raising CASH by Rights Issue. Never mind. If sold L&G will be able to give out 5 or 6 yearly dividends of 2 sen from this Asset Disposal alone. So 9% dividend is assured for the next 6 years for all happy holders of L&G shares? (Note further: L&G already in NET CASH Position even without Assets disaposal. So if more CASH comes in L&G might even raise dividend to 3 or 4 sen?)
6) Top Holders of L&G are Mayland, savvy investors like Lim Pei Tiam & Tan Chong Koay of PHEIM Funds
The recently concluded RI saw Mayland increased its position. So is Lim Pei Tiam. Lim is a banker for 20 years. Other shares of great success by Lim was Super Enterprize (Up 200% & taken private), Kheesan & Pohuat (also up 200%) Lim is 2nd Top holder of Pohuat.
Tan Chong Koay has 3 separate Pheim Funds in Top 30 shareholders of L&G. Pheim recently made 200% from Penta from its price surge.
Coming in at
Top 12. Citigroup Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd CEP for PHEIM SICAV-SIF
7,512,400 (PHEIM has 7.5 million L&G shares)
Coming in at Top 22. HSBC Nominees (Asing) Sdn Bhd And Co Boston for PHEIM Asean Equity Fund (TCSB)
3,379,000 (PHEIM Fund at Top 22 with 3.379 million shares)
Coming in at Top 30 CIMB Group Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd PHEIM Asset Management Sdn Bhd for Progressive Insurance Berhad (A/C231)
2,521,000 (Again at Top 30 PHEIM chose to invest 2.5 million L&G shares for Progressive Insurance
Why is Tan Chong Koay so bullish on L&G? Tan Chong Koay made a chun chun call in Pentamaster from Rm1.20 to over Rm3.70 (up 200%)
Can we expect L&G to go up 100% or 200%?
7) L&G share price has fallen to multi year low of 21.5 sen – Its downside is well cushioned by 9% dividend yield & high NTA. And with coming good prospects of Tg Malim BOOM Due to GEELY manufacturing its World Champion SUV called LYNK 01 for export to ASEAN 10 nations of 620 millions & over 100 countries worldwide there will be a spillover boom for L&G’s over 2,600 acres prime lands here.
Please invest your hard earned monies after due diligence
Best regards & cheers
L&G is now controlled by Mayland. Mayland is a very successful developer of STRATEGIC PROPERTIES IN STRATEGIC LOCATIONS.
Mayland did very well even in recession years due to its
1) Strategically located Condos in Prime Locations
2) Excellent & Unique Design & Features with a touch of Class
3) Priced very competitively to sell fast!
See this Condo in Johor completed in Year 2002 (during bad times) & yet ALL SOLD OUT
SUCCESS BEGETS SUCCESS
ALL SOLD OUT DUE TO LOCATION, DESIGN & ATTRACTIVE & UNBEATABLE PRICES!
That will be the forte of L&G or LAND & GOLD
Seth Klarman, an iconic and highly regarded value investor, once said that value investing, at its core, is the marriage of a contrarian streak and a calculator.
Now that L&G has fallen to 21.5 sen it is selling at a Whopping 63% Discount to NTA
This gives a 9% dividend yield.
Where got such bargains like L&G (LAND & GOLD)?
- When Palm OIl was At Its Peak of Rm4,000 It created Many Billionaires now Palm oil is above Rm6,000 per ton will we see more Billionaires? Calvin Tan April 8, 2022
- PALM OIL JEWEL: TSH RESOURCES(KLSE: 9059) WITH EARNINGS VISIBILITY & GREAT CERTAINTY WE CAN CLEARLY SEE AHEAD, Calvin Tan March 14, 2022
- PALM OIL STOCKS: THE SUPERSTARS OF YEAR 2022 (Forget all others. Just pile into Palm oil Full Force) January 8, 2022
- HANDAL MESSIAH: HE SHALL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER December 25, 2021
- THPLANT – A candidate for privatization? November 29, 2021
- A COMING SUPERBULL RUN TIME FOR PALM OIL IS INEVITABLE AS CPO AT WORLD RECORD OVER RM5,000 A TON October 30, 2021
- TAANN (5012) 10 YEARS PRICES (LOWEST & HIGHEST PRICES) EPS & DIVIDENDS FROM 2005 to 2015, From STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE Calvin Tan September 10, 2021
- SARAWAK OIL PALM (5126) Why is it in Calvin Tan Research’s Investment Radar? Top 5 Factors You Should Know About SOP Great Potential September 9, 2021
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- April 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015