GSB – The laggard property stock is coming alive – See latest photos of G Residence’ (Calvin Tan)
GSB – The laggard property stock is coming alive – See latest photos of G Residence’ (Calvin Tan)
Author: calvintaneng | Publish date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017, 12:29 AM
TodayI passed by G Residence in Plentong, Johor. To my surprise the building of G Residence is in progress. Not only that, I saw the take up rate of the apartments & shoplots have increased to 70%!
Ha! According to what I heard if a condo developer has sold just 40% of his stocks he would have already recovered the cost of his capital & the rest will be his “profits”. How true I am not sure. But one Banker told me this, when one developer submitted proposal for building loan. The builder stated the sale of a condo worth Rm400,000 could cost as little as Rm100,000 or about one quarter of the Retail List Price. Again, I am not so sure as I have not build any condo for sale personally.
But at 70% take up rate I think G Residence stands a good fighting chance to complete the project with progessive billings & loan payment release from Banks.
So GSB has now moved to firmer ground. I think its unique concept & location play a part in its sales
These are the salient factors
1) Location Factor
Through Permas & EDL G Residence is only 15 minutes away to downtown CIQ Kastam of Johor.
The Pasir Gudang Highway has been upgraded from 4 lanes to 6 lanes. This connectivity creates ease of access
Giant Plentiong has just gone into a multi million make over. It is only 5 minutes walk away. Plus AEON Tebrau City is only 5 minutes drive away. Above all IKEA will also be ready by end 2017. It was IKEA Damansara & One Utama Shopping Complex that lifted up the Value and prices of Bandar Utama & Taman Tun Dr Ismail in KL. So with these important ameninties G Residence has drawn more interest now.
The run down surrounding is now being gentrified & roads widened. The whole ambience is being transformed. A good surprise indeed.
5) The Unique Design of G Residence.
The Twin Towers are connected by a sky bridge. And ground level consists of self contained shops. So the all in one concept is all sufficient in itself.
6) Above all G Residence is priced at very competitive pricing. This attracts those that who look for Value
7) And to crown it all the entire project is in a joint venture with Land owner. So there is little fear of debt piling up through delay.
How I got to know G Residence?
I first heard about G Reidence through Mr. Law the OSK Iskandar Top Boss
He mentioned G Residence of GSB at 9 sen. He calculated that if all the projects of G Residence is sold “the one off profit” would equal to 9 sen – which is the price of GSB then. That means 100% profit on paid up capital?
However, G Residence together with other high end condos in Iskandar face imminent glut & also Banks have tightened loan margin. I cautioned fellow investors that G Residence might be in trouble.
All these doubts vanished as I saw its progress now.
With 70% of the development sold & building in fast progress everything is in good order. And so I have turned bullish on GSB again.
Now looking deeper into GST assets I noticed they have lots of lands in Shah Alam, Klang & especially Bentong.
Yes, Bentong will be one of the Major Transit Interchange when East Coastal Railway is built to link KL with the Eastern Coastal states of Kuantan & Kelantan. This will increase the Value of GSB’s lands there.
See location map in Johor
Photo no 1
5 Minutes walk away is the Newly Refurbished GIANT SHOPPING MALL (PLENTONG)
Photo no. 2. Showing Sales Progress of Block A (70% sold) Sorry picture not complete
Photo no. 3. Sales progress of Block B (again picture not complete)
Photo no. 4. Shopfront View from the Road.
Photo. no 5 (More complete view of Condo Model Notice the skybride at the very top?
Photo. no. 6 The actual progress of G Residence (Now reaching level 4)
Photo. no. 7 Another View of G Residence from the Main Road.
Photo. no. 8 (Notice the GIANT SHOPPING MALL in the Distance? Also Tan Chong Building on the Right?
And nearer right is Kia Motor showroom
Photo . no 9 Notice the gentrification of the place. The Main Road now being upgraded & widen
Photo. no. 10 View of G Residence from across the road.
There were 2 property stocks in Iskandar that performed spectacularly
1) Focal Aims was 11 sen in year 2009. After taken over & renamed to Ecoworld price shot past Rm4.00 (Up 4,000%)
2) Tebrau Teguh was 10 sen before year 2005. After name changed to IwCity price shot past Rm3.00 (Up 3,000%)
G Residence of GSB is only 5 minutes away from IwCity of Permas Jaya (Refer to map – see how near is Giant to Permas Shopping Center & JUSCO?
And now in this mini bull run GSB is still a laggard at only 11 sen?
So the Market has overlooked & neglected this hidden gem?
Calvin has now turned bullish on GSB and call for a buy at current price.
So get some early before its price run away.
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- THESE FIVE STOCKS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ECRL SOUTH: Mui Prop, AsiaPac, MKH, L&G & Olympia, Calvin Tan Research April 17, 2019
- MKH (6114) METRO KAJANG WILL BENEFIT FROM ECRL REROUTE TO BANGI/KAJANG, Calvin Tan Research April 15, 2019
- IMAGO MALL OF ASIAPAC (4057) ECRL SIGNING WILL BRING BACK CHINA TOURISTS, Calvin Tan April 15, 2019
- ASIAPAC (4057) THREE CHUN CHUN BULL TARGETS FOR A 200% UPSIDE (ECRL, VMY 2020 & HSR April 11, 2019
- JTIASA (Fong Siling – Cold Eye & Pheim Fund Tan Chong Koay) Versus TDM (Dr. Neoh Soon Kean of Dynaquest) Calvin Tan Research April 5, 2019
- MAJU PERAK (8141) MAJULAH PERAK BY GEELY – PROTON PARTNERSHIP IN EXPANSION & GROWTH, Calvin Tan April 5, 2019
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015