FUTURE WEALTH, PAST WEALTH & PRESENT WEALTH (An extract from post in i3 Forum on DRB)
To understand the DEEP VALUE OF BJ CORP & MUI BHD Let me Quote from a Post in i3 investors’ forum
1) Future Wealth
2) Present Wealth
3) Past Wealth
Future, present & past Wealth? What are they?
Let me illustrate
1) Future Wealth is represented by a young graduate fresh from School. Usually a young man in his mid twenties.
He is still young and yet to buy his own house. He might own an affordable car or just a motorbike.
What his he got? HE HAS HOPE. HE IS FULL OF DETERMINATION TO SUCCESS & FULL OF IDEAS!! But he has yet to make any real monies. His Wealth is Yet in The Future!
This is represented by a very young company. Management is full of ideas, ventures & mergers. Full of energy & hope. Lots of enthusiasm during IPO. See how many write up to promote this newly listed company. Gullible people are chasing. But the stock is yet untested. Business yet to prove itself. All hype and hope for Wealth still in the future!
Calvin rarely invest in this type of company. Better avoid.
2) Present Wealth. Represented by Growing Companies with Proven Income. Usually healthy PRESENT Growth that is visible. This is like a mature man in his 30s to 40s. He has bought his house & car. But the bulk of his monies still invested in his growing business.
So his wealth is still being generated in the present.
This is popular growth stocks.
Calvin will buy some. On one condition. He looks for a fair price to enter. Best is during a market crash or overlooked by the market.
Stocks like kimlun at Rm1.28, Masteel at 65 cts, Insas at 65 cts & Prestar at 46 cts or Jaks when it was only 40 cts.
BUT CALVIN WON’T PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR THEM WHEN PRICES ARE INTO OVERVALUATION. IF YOU OVERPAY FOR ANYTHING. CHANCES ARE THEY WILL UNDERPERFORM THE MARKET FOR A LONG TIME TO COME LATER.
3) Past Wealth.
This is an old matured person in his 50s, 60s, 70s or even 80s
He once was a young graduate with Vision. He moved on to be a very successful businessman in his prime. So he has used his earnings to buy lots and lots of Assets like Lands, properties, warehouses, shophouses & other investments of Value. CASH OR EARNINGS CONVERTED TO REAL GOOD SOLID ASSETS – SO HIGH NTA REFLECTED IN BOOK VALUE.
As he is already old he slows down. He takes less risk. He looks for Capital Preservation First with a View to Growth. But usually things are more settled as he is no longer as hungry like he was a fresh graduate once.
In such slow dull stocks people start to lose interest. Stocks like MUI Bhd is sold down all the way from Rm24 a share in its heydays to about 15.5 cts now. IT WAS PRICED RIDICULOUSLY HIGH AT RM26 WHEN IT WAS IN GROWTH STAGE. AND IT WAS BOMBED OUT AND TOTALLY SOLD DOWN TO ONLY 15.5 CTS WHEN OLD & MATURED WITH DEEP HIDDEN VALUE. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE RIGHT TIME TO BUY. BUYING MUI BHD IS LIKE BUYING INTO PAST WEALTH. STILL ABLE TO BUY GOLD AT ONLY RM35 AN OUNCE?
But this old man stock has past wealth. Mui Bhd has 10 hotels in UK, Laura Ashley (over 400 outlets), 2 hotels & high value lands still at ancient book value.
Last time my parents bought Old gold 99% pure at only Rm35 an ounce!
So much past assets are locked up yet at Old Book Value.
DUTALAND is one of them!
And just like Mui Bhd DUTALAND has Immense Value Locked Up.
Calvin specializes in buying into DEEP VALUE ASSETS COMPANIES SELLING FOR A SONG
Bought KPS at 40 cts with NTA over Rm2.00
Bought Perak Corp at 6o cts with NTA over Rm3.00
Both were almost 10 baggars later.
So I avoid buying stocks with “future growth” hype. Selectively buying Present Growth Stock if I SEE VALUE. And love buying into PAST WEALTH STOCKS OF IMMENSE VALUE SELLING AT DEEP DEEP DISCOUNT
I avoid the young man company with hope of future wealth. I will buy some (only selectively) the mature company of present wealth if they sell at reasonable prices. I concentrate on Deep Value Stocks of PAST ACCUMULATED WEALTH SELLING AT DEEP DISCOUNT
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- THESE FIVE STOCKS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ECRL SOUTH: Mui Prop, AsiaPac, MKH, L&G & Olympia, Calvin Tan Research April 17, 2019
- MKH (6114) METRO KAJANG WILL BENEFIT FROM ECRL REROUTE TO BANGI/KAJANG, Calvin Tan Research April 15, 2019
- IMAGO MALL OF ASIAPAC (4057) ECRL SIGNING WILL BRING BACK CHINA TOURISTS, Calvin Tan April 15, 2019
- ASIAPAC (4057) THREE CHUN CHUN BULL TARGETS FOR A 200% UPSIDE (ECRL, VMY 2020 & HSR April 11, 2019
- JTIASA (Fong Siling – Cold Eye & Pheim Fund Tan Chong Koay) Versus TDM (Dr. Neoh Soon Kean of Dynaquest) Calvin Tan Research April 5, 2019
- MAJU PERAK (8141) MAJULAH PERAK BY GEELY – PROTON PARTNERSHIP IN EXPANSION & GROWTH, Calvin Tan April 5, 2019
- TDM (2054) VERSUS MAJU PERAK (8141) POTENTIAL TO RISE 100% to 200% BY ECRL BOOSTER, Calvin Tan Research April 3, 2019
- ECRL (East Coastal Rail Link) Top Beneficiaries AZRB, T7 Global, Prestar, Masteel, Lafarge & TalamT, Calvin Tan Research March 20, 2019
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015