FIBERISATION MUST INCLUDE OPCOM FOR HSBB & LAST MILE FTTH (Calvin Tan Research)
Dear Friends & Fellow Investors,
This evening lesson is “FIBERISATION MUST INCLUDE OPCOM FOR HSBB (High Speed Broad Band) & LAST MILE FTTH (Fiber To The Home).
The recent rumour of Broadnet starting a New Fiber Network for Last Mile FTTH brought shock wave to Opcom and the subsequent Sell Down by Ignoramous shareholders of Opcom in a knee jerk panic.
After the dust has been settled we See A Very Bright Future for OPCOM as the Dominant Optic Provider in Malaysia notwithstanding the challenge posed from other new entrants to FIBERISATION in Malaysia.
Why is Calvin so bullish?.
These are my findings:
1) BOTH TELEKOM & TENAGA FROM ITS INCEPTION BOUGHT OPTIC FIBERS FROM OPCOM.
TNB bought Rm2 millions to Rm3 millions FIBER for its own Data Storage. Since TNB is dealing with ELECTRICITY which is a Conductor for Copper It Has To Use Optic Fibers to prevent fires, short circuit & other dangers. Fiber being glass is a non conductor of Electricity. So Fiber only play a supporting role to TNB own internal needs of data & communications
TELEKOM on the other hand has a very wide reach of HSBB & FTTH. Some years back TM ordered a huge Rm359 Millions Fiber Optic goods from OPCOM for its Peninsular HSBB. In Latest Budget Speech a Rm1 Billion Ringgit has been budgeted for HSBB for EAST MALAYSIA. And also Govt is stepping up Last Mile FTTH to every nook & corner; kampung & city; mountain or valley; in Kl metropolis or small Islands of all parts of Malaysia. This HSBB Total Penetration will lift Malaysia into THE DIGITAL AGE.
2) AND WITH THE MERGING OF TM & TNB THE CHALLENGE FROM BROADNET IS NOW STALLED
Malaysia is too small (only 30 million people) to have another dominant player in the HSBB & FTTH industry. It will only cannibalise the market share of Telekom. So TM has teamed up with TNB to forstall any challenge.
3) IS THIS GOOD NEWS PRIVY TO SOME?
No wonder there was a sudden spike in Both Volume and price of Opcom recently
|17/01/2018||0.40||0.385 – 0.40||0.395||0.00 (0.00%)||308,700|
|16/01/2018||0.40||0.39 – 0.405||0.395||-0.015 (3.66%)||628,900|
|15/01/2018||0.45||0.41 – 0.45||0.41||-0.04 (8.89%)||1,458,600|
|12/01/2018||0.43||0.43 – 0.455||0.45||+0.01 (2.27%)||201,000|
|11/01/2018||0.46||0.43 – 0.475||0.44||-0.03 (6.38%)||618,900|
|10/01/2018||0.495||0.46 – 0.50||0.47||-0.02 (4.08%)||817,200|
|09/01/2018||0.48||0.48 – 0.53||0.49||+0.04 (8.89%)||3,759,300|
|08/01/2018||0.39||0.385 – 0.45||0.45||+0.075 (20.00%)||3,722,000|
|05/01/2018||0.375||0.37 – 0.39||0.375||+0.005 (1.35%)||2,197,900|
|04/01/2018||0.375||0.37 – 0.375||0.37||+0.005 (1.37%)||100,100|
|03/01/2018||0.37||0.36 – 0.375||0.365||0.00 (0.00%)||683,000|
|02/01/2018||0.37||0.365 – 0.375||0.365||0.00 (0.00%)||128,600|
|29/12/2017||0.36||0.355 – 0.365||0.365||-0.005 (1.35%)||195,900|
|28/12/2017||0.38||0.36 – 0.38||0.37||-0.005 (1.33%)||740,200|
|27/12/2017||0.38||0.37 – 0.38||0.375||-0.005 (1.32%)||308,000|
As you can see from the low of 37 sen on January 5th 2018 Opcom jumped to a high of 53 sen for a gain of 43% in 3 days!
And th 3 day volume was 9.6 million shares of OPCOM. After T3 and T4 which prices retraced back below 40 sen most shares were TAKEN UP BY INSIDERS?
SO WILL THERE BE ANOTHER HUGE VOLUME ORDER COMING FOR OPCOM?
Now people thought OPCOM being Oppostion BN might import fibers from China.
This is not possible if BN Govt wants to bring the cost down.
With the ROARING SUCCESS OF ALIBABA In China & World wide there is now a Huge Demand for Optic Fibers in China. Unlike surplus steel in which China is dumping worldwide there is actually a huge shortage for fibers in China
OPTICAL FIBER SHORTAGE WORLD-WIDE
The optical fiber shortage topic is not new for those who are already in this business but it will be strange to those who do not know these facts.
Facts states that, only one country in the world (CHINA) is consuming 56% of fiber from the whole world fiber production capacity and followed by United States consuming 12.7% and then Japan 8.2%. The rest of the world gets only 23.1% of optical fiber shares. In this situation, fiber manufacturing companies are very happy as they are selling the optical fiber at a higher price. Fiber companies are selling small shipments to cover maximum customers at the increased price so that their business to continue with huge profits.
The optical fiber demand for single mode fibers is expected to grow in coming years and the main reason for this fiber shortage is the FTTH network projects which had increase the fiber consumption by 46% of the whole world total optical cable consumption. FTTH will continue to replace DSL and other lower speed services.
Due to this huge shortage of fibers, the fiber preform manufacturing companies are also in huge demand too and these companies are not making any new contracts.
Looking at this big fiber demand, the most of the companies had started working aggressively in building new plants to raise the growing demand of optical fiber preform and optical fiber drawing tower capacities. Optical Fiber preform industry had reached 11,017 tons in 2015. It is now growing around 21.6% and expected to reach 21,000 tons in 2020.
The growth in data traffic on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices creates demand for fiber, not just in big cities but across the country. The demand for Internet from emerging countries, growing industrialization, growing telecom industry. These factors, along with the upcoming infrastructure projects in energy, transport, networks, institutional sites, and residential projects are expected to drive the fiber optic market. Further good news to this is that now more and more schools and educational institutions facilities in some countries are going to modify the education system to e-classrooms and these changes are possible if fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) projects are initiated now to build the fiber network.
China presently busy with its 4G & 5G project implementations of “Broadband China”, “Internet+” and “Full Fiber-optic Network” and suddenly China announces to stop all his projects then the fiber surplus situation will arise and people will get mad as to how to utilize the huge quantities of surplus fibers. The china will continue to lead the world’s increase in FTTH subscribers over the next five years. The Fiber-To-The-Home project in China is expecting to reach all houses in major cities and towns within the next couple of years and to complete this project in whole China in five years.
The big question today is: For how long this fiber shortage is going to continue? The real answer to this question is not known to anyone today; it only depend on China. KANWARJITSINGH AHLUWALIAOperational & Technical Director – FBR Cables
SO WITH HUGE SHORTAGE OF OPTIC FIBERS IN CHINA THERE WON’T BE ANY EXPORTS FOR MALAYSIA. AND OPTIC STANDS TO REAL A HUGE WINDFALL BONANZA
WHY MUST THERE BE DEMAND IF TNB ALREADY GOT FIBER IN ITS GRID (POWER)?
This answer is this:
TNB has only FIBER FROM ITS STATION TO STATION. Think of the Human Organs of the Heart, Liver & Kidney, Brain, Lungs & Stomach. Blood Veins connects them. So Is the Connecting of Fiber from one TNB Station to another.
Now TNB has no last mile Fiber to homes. It only provides power cable for electricity. Just like Blood Veins are needed to bring blood to our hands & fingers, leg, feet & toes. So Lots of Optic Fibers will be needed to connect from TNB Station to the home & every nook & corner of Malaysia. So another Rm12 Billions are needed for Total HSBB & FTTH.
And that’s why LOTS OF FIBERS WILL BE NEEDED FROM OPCOM
Calvin Tan Research,Singapore
- When Palm OIl was At Its Peak of Rm4,000 It created Many Billionaires now Palm oil is above Rm6,000 per ton will we see more Billionaires? Calvin Tan April 8, 2022
- PALM OIL JEWEL: TSH RESOURCES(KLSE: 9059) WITH EARNINGS VISIBILITY & GREAT CERTAINTY WE CAN CLEARLY SEE AHEAD, Calvin Tan March 14, 2022
- PALM OIL STOCKS: THE SUPERSTARS OF YEAR 2022 (Forget all others. Just pile into Palm oil Full Force) January 8, 2022
- HANDAL MESSIAH: HE SHALL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER December 25, 2021
- THPLANT – A candidate for privatization? November 29, 2021
- A COMING SUPERBULL RUN TIME FOR PALM OIL IS INEVITABLE AS CPO AT WORLD RECORD OVER RM5,000 A TON October 30, 2021
- TAANN (5012) 10 YEARS PRICES (LOWEST & HIGHEST PRICES) EPS & DIVIDENDS FROM 2005 to 2015, From STOCK PERFORMANCE GUIDE Calvin Tan September 10, 2021
- SARAWAK OIL PALM (5126) Why is it in Calvin Tan Research’s Investment Radar? Top 5 Factors You Should Know About SOP Great Potential September 9, 2021
- TSH (9059) TSH now stands for “TELLING SECRET HAPPPILY” What Secrets? Lots of hidden potential, Calvin Tan Research May 21, 2021
- THPLANT (5112) A Look at its Grossly Undervalue Assets & Increasingly Bright Prospects, Calvin Tan Research April 21, 2021
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- April 2022
- March 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015