BUYING ASSETS WHEN THEY ARE UNWANTED & HOLDING THEM TIGHT TILL VALUE EMERGE IS THE BEST APPROACH
Dear Friends & Fellow Investors
Thank you for visiting. Calvin is happy to welcome All Serious Value Investors here!
My next topic BUYING ASSETS WHEN THEY ARE UNWANTED & HOLDING THEM TIGHT TILL VALUE EMERGE has been proven before.
Let me again relate from experience.
- MEET THE ISKANDAR LANDLORD KING OF KOTA MASAI – MR. TAN PAO
I first met Mr Tan Pao in Johor High Court some 10 years ago. I just bought my 2nd house from Johor High Court when I first met him in year 2007. An unassuming man who wore chinaman tee shirt, shorts & slippers. I thought he was a waiter in the coffee shop when he waved to me. He spoke to me because he saw me at high court earlier in the morning.
Ha! How I misjudged him. So don’t just judge a book by its cover. When I conversed with him I found out that he already bought 20 houses from Johor High Court.
Inspired by him I bought another 3 houses from Johor High Court – totalling 5 units. By then he said he already bought 40 houses from Johor High Court Auction.
Ha! I borrowed from my family & from banks & then increased my purchase to 20 houses to play catch up to Tan Pao’s 40 units. To my surprise he already bought up to 200 houses! The majority of them in Kota Masai (Ecoworld took over Focal aims’ Kota Masai at Rm1.40 a share later).
What is so good about Kota Masai? Tan Pao believed that Kota Masai is located near Tg Langsat Port. So there will be jobs. And with jobs there will be ready tenants. And he was right.
And why buy in Kota Masai?
Because few people wanted those Kota Masai houses. He bought low cost house as low as Rm20,000 each. Single storey at Rm50,000 to Rm60,000 each.
Tan Pao bought a package of 10 houses at one go from Danaharta. 2 storey houses 22×70 feet at Rm60,000. THese he tenated out for Rm900 a unit – giving a nice 15% rental yield or more.
He even bought 2 storey shophouses from High Court Auction at Rm220,000 each. Those were the good old days.
But those were really VERY FEARFUL TIMES Also.
This is what Mr Tan Pao told me.
In those down years there was a day when 160 properties came out for Auction in Johor High Court. At 9.30 am that morning when Tan Pao submitted his banker cheque (10% deposit) for auction not a single soul was around.
There were a total of 160 (ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY) properties including houses, shophouses, condos & others for auction.
But only one person dare to bid for just one house! The Champion Tan Pao – man with nerve of steel!
And Tan Pao himself wasn’t sure whether he is doing the right thing since NOBODY ELSE came for the Court Auction in those terrible times.
He sald, “There were 160 properties before the Auction. After the Auction 159 Units remain unsold without bidders” And the only unit sold was bought by me!!”
WOW!! Tan Pao must have heart and nerve of steel!
And he describe further, “That morning when the Court Bailiff saw me he asked whether I came to buy an auction property?” Tan Pao replied, “Yes”
And without ceremony or protocol the Court Clerk brought him to the back of the High Court where the presiding Judge or Auctioner was having his morning coffee. There and then they read out the POS (Proclamation of Sale” and asked Tan Pad to nod his head. Then sign some papers & “hey presto” Tan Pao bought the property with little hassle.
In these very bleak years Tan Pao bought and bought those properties at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!!
Today he told me he already made Rm20 MILLIONS!
Ha! If we could go back in time & buy those ISKANDAR PROPERTIES AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES?
Do you dare? Have you the heart & nerve of steel like Tan Pao?
IF ONLY YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME WHEN THINGS WERE FORSAKEN BY ALL? THINGS WERE UNLOVED & UNWANTED?
Now those opportunities in Iskandar are now over.
BUT NOT IN KLSE.
WE CAN LITERALLY GO BACK IN TIME TO BUY ASSETS AT OLD OLD ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
BY BUYING INTO BJ CORP & MUI BHD TO LOCK INTO THEIR GROSSLY OVER SOLD PRICES NOW. BOTH BJ CORP & MUI BHD ARE SITTING ON ASSETS STILL AT OLD OLD BOOK VALUE! THESE ARE LITERAL GOLD MINES!!!
DO YOU DARE?
CAN YOU WAIT?
“BUY LANDS, FOR THEY DON’T MAKE THEM ANYMORE” Mark Twain
As quoted by KULIM. Calvin called for a buy on Kulim at Rm2.50. Kulim taken private by Johor Corp at Rm4.10 for 60% upside.
YOU DON’T WAIT TO BUY LANDS. YOU BUY LANDS AND WAIT
13,737 ACRES OF BKT TINGGI RESORT LANDS IN BJ CORP’S BOOK VALUE IS ONLY 47.8 PER SQ FT
AMAZING VALUE TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE. BUT IT IS STATED AS FACTS AND FIGURES IN BJ CORP 2017 AR
- GREAT SUCESSFUL INVESTMENTS YEAR 2019: OGSE BULL RUN THEME; 2020 MEDICAL GLOVE SUPERBULL THEME: 2021 IS PALM OIL CPO BULL RUN THEME December 31, 2020
- LOOKS LIKE PALM OIL GOING INTO A BULL TREND DUE TO LA LINA AGAIN IN 2020/21 November 24, 2020
- AFTER MEDICAL GLOVE BULL RUN THE NEXT UPCOMING BULL THEME IS PALM OIL November 1, 2020
- 1993 WAS ASIAN TIGER BULLRUN, 2020 IS HEALTH CARE BULL RUN BY COVID 19, GLOVE, FACEMASK & NOW SANITIZER IN NYLEX & ANCOM, Calvin Tan Research May 14, 2020
- PROLEXUS (8966) ProXmask: The ProActive High Quality FACE MASK product of Prolexus that excels , Calvin Tan Research May 6, 2020
- MTAG (0213) MTAG (0231) ANOTHER GLOVES, FACE MASKS & RESPIRATORS DISTRIBUTORS, Calvin Tan Research April 27, 2020
- QUESTION & ANSWERS FOR LUXCHEM April 17, 2020
- PM’s speech on Prihatin Economic Stimulus Package (NFCP FIBERISATION IS ON!!) Calvin Tan Research March 29, 2020
- NETX (0020) INSATIABLE BUYING BY NETX STAFF SHOWS IMMENSE POTENTIAL February 14, 2020
- T7 GLOBAL VERSUS CARIMIN, , UZMA, PENERGY, & DAYANG (Compare & Contrast) Calvin Tan Research January 17, 2020
- TELEKOM TENDERS: SOME POSSIBLE WINNERS, Calvin Tan Research December 29, 2019
- BUY NETX, OPCOM, REDTONE & CMSB (SACOFA) FOR MULTI YEARS BULL RUN IN NFCP STOCKS SOON, Calvin Tan Research November 27, 2019
- T7 WINNING SUBSEA JOBS WILL BE ANOTHER PENERGY FOR TOPSIDE November 22, 2019
- NAIM FIRED UP ON ALL 4 ENGINES BUT CMSB(2852) HAS 7 SEVEN ENGINES OF GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research 22 Nov November 22, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY NETX IS NOW THE BEST BUY FOR NFCP JUST AS VELESTO WAS FOR OGSE November 17, 2019
- TOP UNDERVALUE SHARES TO BUY NOW FOR 2020 BULL RUN TIME November 16, 2019
- CMSB (2852) OWNER OF KENANGA INVESTMENT BANK , CEMENT MONOPOLY, FIBER OPTIC TOWER MONOPOLY IN SARAWAK November 12, 2019
- THIS IS NOW THE BEST TIME TO DEPLOY MONEY FULLY INTO THE COMING BULL YEAR OF 2020, Calvin Tan Research November 11, 2019
- PLEASE WHATASPP CALVIN TAN AT 019-3384010 Or 014-6101668 FOR NEXT POST November 9, 2019
- NETX MISSION STATEMENT November 9, 2019
- NETX IN CHUN CHUN INTO e-KYC October 30, 2019
- SELL UZMA. SELL CARIMIN. BUY OPCOM, REDTONE, NETX & OTHERS October 28, 2019
- 9th M’sia Plan Top Budget Allocation For Infrar Powered Up Cement So 12 MP For NFCP Powers up Opcom, Redtone & Netx, Calvin Tan October 27, 2019
- WHY IS ASIABIO BUYING ONLY NETX AND NOT DGB, MLAB, XOX, VSOLAR FINTEC & OTHERS? Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- ASIAOBIO BOSS BUYING SO MUCH NETX OVER ALL OTHERS SHOW GREAT POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research October 26, 2019
- DIRECTORS/INSIDERS STRONG BUYING SHOWS NFCP BULL RUN VERY SOON, Calvin Tan Research October 21, 2019
- MUI PROPERTY (3913) HIGH VALUE STOCK WITH POWERFUL GROWTH CATALYST, Calvin Tan Research October 18, 2019
- TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY REDTONE (0032) BENEFICIARY OF NFCP OR NATIONWIDE FIBERISATION, Calvin Tan Research October 2, 2019
- NETX HAS A 70/30 FIGHTING CHANCE TO SURVIVE AND DO WELL IN THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 25, 2019
- SCOMIES, OPCOM & NETX September 23, 2019
- SCOMI ENERGY (7045) THE HIDDEN GEM IN O&G BULL RUN September 19, 2019
- OPCOM (0035) OPTIMAL OPTIC COMPANY : THE SUPER-STOCK OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY, Calvin Tan Research September 16, 2019
- BUY UZMA (7250) AT 62 SEN. TARGET PRICE RM1.20 August 12, 2019
- BUY TA ENTERPRIZE FOR ITS 4.1 SEN DIVIDEND (ABOUT 6% YIELD WHICH IS TWICE THAT OF BANK FD RATE) June 15, 2019
- LAFARGE CEMENT UP 100% FROM RM2.25 TO RM4.50 TODAY. TIME TO BUY MASTEEL (5098) AS IT IS A LAGGARD June 14, 2019
- TESTIMONY OF YTL TO THE POWER OF PROVIDENCE June 8, 2019
- DOLOMITE(5835) UP 143% DUE TO ASSET SALE WILL ASB(1481) GO UP LIKEWISE BY ASSET SALE? June 7, 2019
- INVESTMENT NEWS FOR JUNE 2019 BY EAGLE VISION June 6, 2019
- A LOOK AT PETRONAS LATEST GOOD QUARTER RESULT OF 9% EARNINGS GROWTH, Calvin Tan Research June 1, 2019
- OIL & GAS BULL PAUSE. AFTER THIS POOR QUARTER RESULT DUE TO MONSOON O&G BULL RUN WILL RESUME, Calvin Tan Research May 26, 2019
- UZMA (7250) UTTERLY ZEALOUS MASTERING ALL. THE OnG LAGGARD WITH BEST POTENTIAL, Calvin Tan Research May 10, 2019
- (PART ONE) KUMPULAN PERANGSANG SELANGOR (5843) KUMPULAN PROACTIVELY SUPERCHARGED, Calvin Tan Research April 25, 2019
- THESE FIVE STOCKS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ECRL SOUTH: Mui Prop, AsiaPac, MKH, L&G & Olympia, Calvin Tan Research April 17, 2019
- MKH (6114) METRO KAJANG WILL BENEFIT FROM ECRL REROUTE TO BANGI/KAJANG, Calvin Tan Research April 15, 2019
- IMAGO MALL OF ASIAPAC (4057) ECRL SIGNING WILL BRING BACK CHINA TOURISTS, Calvin Tan April 15, 2019
- ASIAPAC (4057) THREE CHUN CHUN BULL TARGETS FOR A 200% UPSIDE (ECRL, VMY 2020 & HSR April 11, 2019
- JTIASA (Fong Siling – Cold Eye & Pheim Fund Tan Chong Koay) Versus TDM (Dr. Neoh Soon Kean of Dynaquest) Calvin Tan Research April 5, 2019
- MAJU PERAK (8141) MAJULAH PERAK BY GEELY – PROTON PARTNERSHIP IN EXPANSION & GROWTH, Calvin Tan April 5, 2019
- TDM (2054) VERSUS MAJU PERAK (8141) POTENTIAL TO RISE 100% to 200% BY ECRL BOOSTER, Calvin Tan Research April 3, 2019
- ECRL (East Coastal Rail Link) Top Beneficiaries AZRB, T7 Global, Prestar, Masteel, Lafarge & TalamT, Calvin Tan Research March 20, 2019
- December 2020
- November 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015